I had an emergency today — I had to go to the doctor. But the emergency I had wasn’t medical, it was foodical — I needed to get supper in the oven before I left. I was going to be gone about three hours, and wouldn’t be back in time to get supper cooked by the time The Hub got home from work (and he walks in hungry). I knew I’d be hungry when I got home, too. (Not everything I do is motivated by spousal love and benevolence.)
So I whipped up this recipe for Emergency Paleo Italian Pork Chops, and let me tell you, I will definitely make this one-dish meal again! The two of us tasted it and gave it four thumbs up and 10 gold stars. And it took less than 10 minutes to put together. Yup. My kinda meal.
Bonus: it’s Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
Serves 4 to 6. Prep time: 10 min., cook time 45 mins.
Six pork chops, bone-in
Two small zucchini, washed and sliced
Two small summer squash, washed and sliced
One 25-oz. jar spaghetti sauce/marinara sauce, no sugar or sulfites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place pork chops in single layer in large lasagna pan (11-in. by 14-in., or thereabouts)
- Top the chops with zucchini and summer squash.
- Pour spaghetti/marinara sauce over top of all.
- Place pan on middle rack of preheated oven. Bake 45 minutes or until chops are tender. Serve immediately. (Note: I baked mine today at 300 degrees F for three hours, and everything turned out perfect!)