Simple. Easy. Healthy. A snack that will cool you off on a hot summer’s day. Your kids will love these, and so will you!
These delightful frozen cherries are just waiting to be coated in coconut milk and enjoyed one by one! Once they’re frozen, just hold one by its stem and dip it in some coconut milk. Hold it up for a few seconds while the coconut milk freezes on, then eat it right off the stem — just beware of the cherry stone: don’t bite it (ouchie wah-wah!) or swallow it (you’ll thank me later)!!!
Add a pinch of cinnamon to the coconut milk and you’ve got yourself a snazzy treat.
The more water you leave on the cherries when you freeze them, the icier or frostier they’ll be. I happen to like them icy, so I make sure they’re not totally dry when I put them in the freezer.
Sweet cherries, black or red, as many as you want to fix. Keep as many of the stems attached as possible.
A little coconut milk (optional).
A pinch of cinnamon (optional).
- Sort the cherries to get rid of the bad ones.
- Wash them for 30 seconds under running water, or soak in water and a little veggie wash of some type and rinse well.
- Drain in a colander or on paper towel.
- Place in a resealable plastic freezer bag or freezer-ready container.
- Place in freezer until frozen.