Craving oatmeal, but you know your body won’t be happy if you indulge? Me, too! But I’ve found that this delicious “muesli” recipe fulfills the “need to feed” using no grains, thereby making my joints happy!
This recipe makes one very hearty-sized serving. Prep time: 6 minutes.
1 apple, chopped
1 Tbls. raisins or dried cranberries
1/4 C dried coconut
1/8 tsp. apple pie spice OR cinnamon
1/4 C water
1 tsp. coconut oil
1/4 C pecans or sliced almonds (or both!!) If you toast them in a dry frying pan first, they’re extra tasty!
A few fresh berries (optional)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Coconut milk (optional)
- Stir together the first six ingredients in a cereal bowl. Pop in the microwave for four minutes. Check the apples, if they’re cooked enough for your tastes, great! If not, cook a bit longer.
- Remove bowl from microwave. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the nuts and berries.
- Top with a splash of coconut milk.
- Enjoy with a cup of your favorite coffee or tea!